We are currently searching for an Enviromental Advisor to join a leading E&P Operator
The Environmental Advisor will be primarily responsible for overseeing the preparation of the Environmental Statement and other environmental related approvals for the Project; providing environmental expertise into the FEED and detailed design for the facilities; and ensuring that the company's HSSE Standards with respect to Environment are fully complied with throughout the design and execution of the new project.
Preparation and Submission of Project Environmental Statement
• Managing the preparation of the Environmental Statement (ES) by a 3rd party specialist consultant
• Ensuring that the correct engineering data and information is used in the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment that supports the ES
• Ensuring that all internal and external stakeholders are properly engaged and consulted
• Managing the submission, review and approval of the final ES.
Environmental Regulatory Consents and Approvals
• Managing all environmental regulatory consents and approvals required in the design, fabrication and installation of the facilities
• Environmental Input into Facilities Design & Execution Activities
• Providing technical oversight of all FEED, detailed design and execution activities and deliverables with respect to environmental aspects
• Ensuring that all environmental impacts are identified, assessed and managed
• Ensuring that the Operator's environmental standards and relevant UK environmental legislation are fully complied with
• Ensuring that Best Available Technique (BAT) can be demonstrated for the project facilities
• Ensuring that all environmental commitments are complied with
• Ensuring that the Environment Group Technical Authority (GTA) is consulted and where appropriate approves deviations from the group's environmental standards.
Every individual has a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountabilities for HSSE, all employees are accountable for ensuring that they take care of themselves and adopt exemplary safe behaviours.
The Environmental Advisor will be accountable for:
Unique Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Attribute
• Degree educated or equivalent (a science degree is preferable preferably in Marine Biology, Environmental Science, Zoology or Chemistry).
• Significant experience as a senior environmental advisor in the upstream E&P industry.
• Expert knowledge of applicable UK environmental legislation.
• Proven track record of managing the preparation of environmental regulatory submissions for UK greenfield projects.
• Proven track record of managing environmental impacts throughout the project lifecycle.
• Strong skills in UK environmental regulatory compliance and environmental risk management associated with large, green-field upstream offshore oil and gas developments.
• Be able to work collaboratively with the other development team members, and consultatively with relevant functional members of both Europe E&P in Aberdeen and Head office.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and fluent English are prerequisites for the position.
• Skilled in managing and preparing Environmental Impact Assessments/ Environmental Statements for UK North Sea projects.
• Skilled in demonstration of BAT.
• Experienced in liaising with regulatory authorities, external stakeholders and partners on environmental issues.
• Understanding of the key environmental risks associated with a large greenfield project in the UK North Sea.
• Be a motivated individual who is able to work on their own initiative and be able to prioritise workload and meet strict deadlines.
• The role requires good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Please send yor CV to email@example.com for more information